THEME #28Application overview2021OCT
What is "historic" for you? Journalistic pictures that follow specific incidents, fixed-point observational images that document architecture, or documentary photography that features particular people. It could also be a warning to environmental problems or natural disasters. Anything can become a footprint in history. Reveal your “OTHER HISTORY”, a scene only YOU can visualize with photography.
[Submission Period] from October 20 to December 21
[Application fee] 2,000JPY per entry
Simon Baker has been director of MEP (Maison Européenne de la Photographie, Paris)since May, 2018. He was formerly Senior Curator, International Art (Photography) at Tate,London, having been appointed Tate’s first curator of photography in 2009. Prior to this he was Associate Professor of Art History at Nottingham University. He has published widely on both photography and the history of art, including the monograph “George Condo: Painting Reconfigured” (Thames and Hudson, 2015), often specialising in surrealism and its legacies in contemporary practice. Recent publications include texts for books on Coco Capitan, Julie Curtiss, Hassan Hajjaj, Mari Katayama, Mona Kuhn and Erwin Wurm.
– IMA next is a paid contest. You will be required to pay 2,000JPY per entry.
– We only accept credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express).
– The applicant must be older than 16 years old. If you are underthe age of 18, please apply after obtaining the consent of your parent or guardian. In addition, payment must be made by credit card of the applicant or a parent or guardian.
100,000 JPY Cash Prize
– Portfolio Review by Simon Baker
– Exposure on IMA ONLINE and IMA official social media
Special access to a limited interview video by the jury
IMA next is a photo competition that aims to support emerging photographers to succeed in the art photography world.
From October 20th, 2021 to December 21st, 2021
2,000JPY per entry.
|Who can apply?||
The applicant must be older than 16 years old.
Otherwise, anyone is welcome! We have no restriction in terms of your nationality, age, gender or experience (Professional/Amateur).
|How to apply||
– Please go to the application form from “ENTRY”, send the necessary information, and pay the application fee (¥ 2,000 per entry).
– All submissions need to be still photographs, no moving images will be accepted. All sorts of post-production processes are allowed.
OPEN FOR ENTRIES
Until January 24th
JUDGE: IMA editorial team
JUDGE: Mika Ninagawa
JUDGE: Tomoko Yoneda
JUDGE: Tim Barber
JUDGE: Hellen van Meene
JUDGE: Stefano Stoll
JUDGE: Martin Parr
JUDGE: Lin Zhipeng
JUDGE: Viviane Sassen
JUDGE: Alec Soth
JUDGE: Amanda Maddox
JUDGE: Daido Moriyama
JUDGE: Yoshiyuki Okuyama
JUDGE: Jeong Eun Kim
JUDGE: Todd Hido
JUDGE: Kenshu Shintsubo
JUDGE: Kei Wakabayashi
JUDGE: Chantal Rens
JUDGE: Chad Moore
JUDGE: Takashi Homma
JUDGE: Takayuki Ishii
JUDGE: Yoshitomo Nara
JUDGE: Yoshihisa Tanaka
JUDGE: Lesley A. Martin
JUDGE: Bruno Ceschel
VOICE OF NATURE
JUDGE: Risaku Suzuki