THEME #29Application overview2021NOV
Quick pictures to instant uploads on social media; our smartphones have now become an indispensable tool for all. “SMARTPHONE” as the theme of the month, show us how you work that out! Simply photographing with a smartphone, questioning its role in photography, or even, suggesting unprecedented ways a smartphone can be employed in art. Don’t limit yourself to your immediate surroundings and take one step further to find new possibilities. Humorous or thought provoking, send us your unique photographs that may help reevaluating the relationship between photography and smartphones.
[Submission Period] from November 19 to January 24
[Application fee] 2,000JPY per entry
Established Akaaka Art Publishing in 2006 and published over 200 books related to art and photography ever since. Among them are I am by Atsushi Okada and many Kimura Ihei Award winning books: CANARY by Rieko Shiga, Asadake by Masashi Asada, MID and GROUND by Kozue Takagi, Taigan by Arata Todo, A Grand Polyphony and okinawan portraits 2010-2012 by Ryuichi Ishikawa, Kawa wa yuku by Aya Fujioka.
Professor at Osaka University of Arts since 2018.
– IMA next is a paid contest. You will be required to pay 2,000JPY per entry.
– We only accept credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, American Express).
– The applicant must be older than 16 years old. If you are underthe age of 18, please apply after obtaining the consent of your parent or guardian. In addition, payment must be made by credit card of the applicant or a parent or guardian.
100,000 JPY Cash Prize
– Portfolio Review by Simon Baker
– Exposure on IMA ONLINE and IMA official social media
Special access to a limited interview video by the jury
IMA next is a photo competition that aims to support emerging photographers to succeed in the art photography world.
From November 19, 2021 to January 24, 2022
2,000JPY per entry.
|Who can apply?||
The applicant must be older than 16 years old.
Otherwise, anyone is welcome! We have no restriction in terms of your nationality, age, gender or experience (Professional/Amateur).
|How to apply||
– Please go to the application form from “ENTRY”, send the necessary information, and pay the application fee (¥ 2,000 per entry).
– All submissions need to be still photographs, no moving images will be accepted. All sorts of post-production processes are allowed.
OPEN FOR ENTRIES
Until December 21st
JUDGE: IMA editorial team
JUDGE: Mika Ninagawa
JUDGE: Tomoko Yoneda
JUDGE: Tim Barber
JUDGE: Hellen van Meene
JUDGE: Stefano Stoll
JUDGE: Martin Parr
JUDGE: Lin Zhipeng
JUDGE: Viviane Sassen
JUDGE: Alec Soth
JUDGE: Amanda Maddox
JUDGE: Daido Moriyama
JUDGE: Yoshiyuki Okuyama
JUDGE: Jeong Eun Kim
JUDGE: Todd Hido
JUDGE: Kenshu Shintsubo
JUDGE: Kei Wakabayashi
JUDGE: Chantal Rens
JUDGE: Chad Moore
JUDGE: Takashi Homma
JUDGE: Takayuki Ishii
JUDGE: Yoshitomo Nara
JUDGE: Yoshihisa Tanaka
JUDGE: Lesley A. Martin
JUDGE: Bruno Ceschel
VOICE OF NATURE
JUDGE: Risaku Suzuki